Friday, February 24, 2006

A media moment. apparently.

“Media is not available for your current job. Check machine status.”

Excuse me?

Machine status, machine status. Oh. There. It’s a button.

“Check paper tray 1.”

Oh!

When did “Paper Tray empty” become an inadequate description of the problem?
Is an unnamed company (whose name rhymes with, say, Peerox) afraid that I’m going to find out that I’m using a photocopier? IT’S A PHOTOCOPIER PEOPLE. IT USES PAPER. In trays 1 to 4.

Excuse me. Just view and interface emotionally with the digital image of the Ursus Maritimus below while I attempt to reestablish my sense of connection to the collective use of rapidly altering forms of communication in this post-post-modern age.

Thank you.

3 comments:

marko said...

1. Do you bloody realize how difficult it is to deal with spewn Guiness on an integral LCD? The screen is the biggest g.d. part of an Imac G5, and now it all covered in fecking Irelands' best. You're selfish to have not considered this.

2. Weerox, does consider deeply the goings on of the common user when designing their equipment:

"So let's make the A1 feed tray accessible through B hatch 1."

"We could, but you know what'd be some serious pants-loading fun? Make the A1 feed tray only accessible through the B3 door, but only when the primary head is in the reload position, and the C2 roller has been moved to the cleaning position."

"But doesn't the A1 tray have to be clear for the C2 roller to move up into that position?"

"Yeah, or it will simply clack against the the A4 capstan, in which case any paper between the A and B rollers will be blocked by the latch."

"Which latch?"

"The B3 hatch one."

"You're a sick bastard Tom."

"Run away with me Joe..."

-and on the big wheel turns.

Mary said...

oh i feel your pain on this one ...

LJ said...

Too funny, Mark. I'll tell you, I was positively gobsmacked. Like I'd walked into a Dilbert cartoon.
Hey Mary! You back now?? Nevermind. I'll check your site.