1. If you put a dead plant in a large, heavy ceramic planter on the balcony, retrieve it before it rains for a month and grows a coat of thick green algae on the top.
2. Do not put a can of spray Pledge on top of the stove in the middle of dusting and then decide to turn on a burner.
3. Cheetos & coffee are not adequate breakfast food for the human body.
4. Sitting at the computer, answering email and writing a blog – or playing with PSP, are not forms of housework. Documenting yourself standing beside a vacuum does not amount to vacuuming.
5. Wash your sheets once a week so that your laundry basket is not stuffed with four to six of them by the time you actually do laundry.
6. Do not throw the once-worn, I-think-it’s-still-pretty-clean-camisole back into the dresser drawer. Remind yourself that this leads to washing ALL the camisoles because you can’t remember which one is making the drawer smell closety.
7. President’s Choice 3 Cheese Mac and Cheese is not doing your ass any favors.
8. Gin and tonic, imbibed at a housework break, does not inspire you to continue cleaning.
9. Vacuum before you have to empty the dirt catcher on the Red Devil after vacuuming half a room.
10. Always keep your stones clean. Nothing is more indicative of bad housekeeping than ten bowls of dusty rocks.
PS..Please note that I am shining with the sweat of effort and Hard Work in the above picture. Either that or it's the humidity and Gin.